Inspiring Compassionate Leaders Through Academic Excellence
Our goal in physical education is to build conceptual knowledge of physiology, food, exercise, teamwork and motor skills while fulfilling the needs of the individual for lifelong health and wellness. Self-responsibility, positive social interaction, and the strengthening of self-confidence are all developed within the dynamics of teamwork.
Students Learn to:
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Understand movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to learning and performance of team activities.
- Achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity.
- Value physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.