Spanish Teacher | Long Term Substitute
Our teachers are passionate about the intellectual and emotional development of our students. We seek a dynamic Spanish teacher who has the ability to inspire and to make an inquiry-based education relevant both now and for the future. We are looking for exceptional educators who bring their passions, identities, curiosities, and expertise into the classroom each day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- K-8th grade level Spanish instruction
- Inspire students through inquiry practice to develop a lifelong love for learning
- Design units and lessons that meet children where they are
- Assist in the development of appropriate project-based learning, performance assessments, and service-learning projects
- Collaborate with our IB coordinator to craft integrated curricula
- Establish and nurture positive, trusting relationships with parents and family members
- Commit to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Teaching experience in either a school setting or other relevant setting
- Demonstrated success in inquiry-based instruction or project-based learning preferred
- A Deep commitment to collaboration, teaching and learning pedagogies and approaches, including – but not limited to – culturally responsive teaching, inclusion, anti-bias education, restorative practices, and differentiation
- Knowledge of social-emotional development
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience and position requirements. Comprehensive benefits are provided. The Healdsburg School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a letter of interest explaining why your interest and experience is appropriate for this position and a resume to Tanya Bruno at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.