Tuition & Tuition Assistance
Tuition for the 2023-24 academic year is:
$17,250 Lower School | $17,800 Middle School
THS offers three tuition payment options: annual, semi-annual and monthly. Tuition support is available. 32% of THS students receive tuition assistance. The admission process is blind to the tuition assistance application.
- Field Trips, Yearbook, and Supplies
- Outdoor Education
- Chromebook (Grades 6-8)
- Club THS | After-School Care – optional
THS Annual Fund
The Healdsburg School community is more than just a group of students, parents, and educators; we are a family united in our shared commitment to enriching the lives of our children. Our strong connections are rooted in our shared appreciation for education, and it is the unwavering support of our families that makes all of this possible.
While tuition plays a role in sustaining our school, covering 80% of our operating costs, the remaining 20% is reliant on fundraising efforts throughout the year. In the fall our community comes together to contribute to our annual fund. These donations provide support for the essential elements that define our school’s unique character.
TUITION ASSISTANCE PROCESS
Tuition assistance grants are used to offset tuition costs and do not need to be paid back. If you believe that your resources are not sufficient to meet the total costs of The Healdsburg School education, you are encouraged to apply.
THS partners with the Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) group. TADS provides a framework through which individual household needs can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from TADS are used by THS when determining tuition assistance grant needs. The tuition assistance process is independent of the admission process.
32% of THS students receive tuition assistance.
The admission process is blind to the tuition assistance application.
Determination of tuition assistance grants for the 2023-24 school year will depend on the following:
Availability of tuition support resources from The Healdsburg School
Submission of application to TADS by January 31, 2023
All grants are for one year; applications for grants must be resubmitted each year by all families.
All submitted documents are confidential.
All parties financially responsible for the student are required to submit an application to TADS
The TADS application fee is $55.00
Please plan ahead. The TADS application process can sometimes take longer than you might anticipate. Beginning November 30, 2022 applications are available and will be open online.
The following supporting documentation must be submitted to TADS:
- Household members’ most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and businesses owned)
- W-2 forms from each job held by household members
- Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
- Documents that establish the amount of miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e. welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers’ compensation, etc.)
- All corporate, partnership, and trust forms if a household member owns 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership or trust
- Dual households must have each parent/guardian complete the TADS application and provide agreed-upon distribution of tuition to the THS Enrollment Office.
TUITION ASSISTANCE ASSUMPTIONS AND GUIDELINES
Tuition Assistance grants are based on need as determined by a third party. THS partners with the Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) group. TADS provides a framework through which individual household needs can be measured fairly and equitably. If you believe that your resources are not sufficient to meet the total costs of The Healdsburg School education, you are encouraged to apply.
- The school works with families individually and respectfully, maintaining confidential information carefully.
- Applications must be complete and be submitted on time to be considered for tuition assistance.
- Families apply each year and the tuition may be adjusted (up or down) depending on a family’s demonstrated need.
- Both parents work when all children are of elementary school age.
- Financial information is received from both custodial parents/guardians in divorced/separated families.
- The tuition assistance budget is comprised of funds from the annual operating budget.
- Tuition assistance grants are used to offset tuition costs and do not need to be paid back.
The tuition assistance process is independent of the admission process.
Determination of tuition support grants for the 2024-25 school year will depend on the availability of tuition resources from The Healdsburg School.
Submission of application deadline January 31, 2024
Contact TADS for assistance completing the application or to check application status. TADS does not have information about tuition support amounts to be granted.